Health and Safety 2021
The health and safety of both our clients and ourselves is of utmost importance.
We are a manufacturing and installation company therefore on a daily basis we come into contact with issues that may jeopardise the health and safety of our employees and also our clients and we devote the utmost attention to mitigate these risk factors.
In light of recent events regarding the coronavirus pandemic we feel it is worthwhile to clarify the way in which we conduct business, both within our workshop, but also in our customers homes and premises. Hygiene and health is of the utmost importance to us, and we observe stringent personal hygiene and minimal social interaction to ensure that we are operating in a clean and safe manner.
We are a small business and as a result we have low level of person to person interaction in the workshop
Our cabinetry is all made off site in our workshops and is bought to site whole or flat-packed to be fitted reducing any disturbance / pollution to your home or premises we make extensive use of dust extraction and dust suppression in the workshop and on site and we take away our own waste
- We risk assess every job we undertake in peoples homes or business
- We carry and use sanitary wipes and hand gels and keep or hands clean at all times both in the workshop and on site, we dispose of them in our own waste sacks, we will also wear a face covering where appropriate at all times.
- We also carry and use PPE such as assembly gloves and FFP2/3 dust masks both in the workshop and on site
- Any food and drink we consume is bought and consumed external to your home or premises and we do not expect you to provide such items, our use of your own washroom facilities is entirely at your discretion
- We carry a full first aid kit and should we have a minor injury we will report this to you and take appropriate action
- We are particularly strict about hand-washing using alcohol gel, catching coughs and sneezes by covering your nose and mouth and disposing of single-use tissues in our own waste bags
- We can work in your home or premises whilst maintaining a minimal safe distance of 2M indoors, Ideally unsupervised if appropriate.
- We will be carrying out temperature checks on ourselves on a daily basis (whilst this does not rule out illness it will mitigate risk)
- When working in peoples homes our operatives will have had a lateral flow COVID test within the last 10 working days
What we expect of our customers:
- No work can be carried out in a household which is isolating because one or more family members has symptoms or where an individual has been advised to shield
- If you are in a property where somebody is clinically vulnerable, but has not been asked to shield, for example, the home of someone over 70, prior arrangements should be made by you with the vulnerable person/people to avoid any face-to-face contact with us, for example, when answering the door
- Please Keep your 2M distance from us at all times and wear a face covering, we appreciate It is more difficult for you because it is your safe space. However please have the confidence to let us get on with our work, we will not be offended if there is no polite chat or teas and coffees.
Should you have any queries or concerns regarding our methods of working please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org