Made to Measure Fitted Wardrobes Kent
Welcome to The Little Woodshed, we specialise in made to measure built in wardrobes. Bedroom furniture is personal. It’s very important to feel relaxed in your bedroom, having elegant and practical storage to keep your clothing clean and safe and away from view is one way to de-clutter and make the most of your precious sleeping space.
What Our Customers Say…
The Little Woodshed has constructed several items for me including fitted bookshelves, a fitted desk and a display unit. In every case, the work was done to a very high standard and in accordance with the design and timescale agreed at the time of order. Excellent service and workmanship.
Hi Neil I would like to say how professional and affable you are and how happy and extremely pleased we are with cabinets that you made and fitted for us everything left clean and tidy Thank you Kind Regards Brian and Heather Lewis
Great service from start to finish. Beautifully fitted wall of wardrobes, nothing was to much trouble and I am thrilled with them.Thank you Neil for a professional job.
I’m really pleased with the wardrobe & have had fun filling it over the weekend.Thank you again for such a quality product & great job.
Beautiful built in alcove wardrobes installed as promised. Worth waiting for, they are exactly what I needed and exactly as described. Pleasure to do business with you Neil.
Neil made us some replacement wardrobe doors, drawer fronts and additional storage. He did a great job and is meticulous in his attention to detail. The price was reasonable too for a bespoke service. We recommend him.
Neil has just completed a brand new kitchen for my mother in law. He has been absolutely brilliant to deal with from the get go and more than once has gone above and beyond on the project, not least because my mother in law is quite elderly and we live in London. His attention to detail is scrupulous, he’s super-organised and he’s a decent, hardworking and really nice chap. And it was all done on time! Thoroughly recommend.
Fabulous from start to finish. We have been so pleased with every aspect of our wardrobe design and building. Neil is professional, tidy and has completed the wardrobe to perfection. Would definitely recommend Neil and The Little Woodshed.
Excellent workmanship from Neil. Very helpful and certainly knows his stuff!!
Neil at The Little Wood Shed has taken the time to understand what I wanted to achieve and made some great suggestions – whilst staying true to my original design ideas! Great service and attention to detail.
Very professional great knowledge and brilliant workmanship. Neil is great at what he does always listens and delivers to the brief price are very competitive would always recommend you for anyone that wants a great job done properly. Keep up the great work neil. Best wishes
Can’t recommend THE LITTLE WOODSHED high enough. Neil Thomas has carried out several jobs for me or my family and the firm’s work has has been excellent. Neil’s attention to detail and depth of knowledge about his profession is outstanding.
Neil’s work is excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. We will be back soon for more bespoke furniture!
We needed a specialist for a tricky job and he sorted it for us to a high standard and turned the job around quickly for us, fantastic job
This varies dependant on what you require and your budget allows. A realistic budget needs to be in mind to allow for the material costs, labour and the designing and fitting time. For a relatively straight forward 1st floor double wardrobe with lacquered panelled doors fitted out with a hanging rail and shelf and exterior decor panels scribed into the sides and floor and a decorative pelmet allow a budget of £1750 per linear meter run.
Initially we can give an estimate via e-mail or during a telephone conversation providing you have an idea of the size and style of your proposed scheme. We can then meet to measure up and discuss specific requirements and set a specification and design/layout. you will get a formal quote within 7-10 working days then should you wish to proceed a deposit of 50% is taken and samples and final revision to the design and specification can be made.The build time and install date is issued (normally this is around 8 weeks) upon completion the balance is paid.
The choice of materials and finishes are vast. We can discuss your requirements and provide samples in order to assist your decision making. Usually we make our cabinet internals from high quality ‘Egger’ laminates and our external decorative panels in spray lacquered ‘Medite’ moisture resistant MDF. This often meets quality with a sensible budget.
In short, we’re not the right company if you’re wanting a quick, cheap job done.
Carpenters generally fit supplied projects in your home it can be a messy, disruptive business having to make things on site, make decisions on the fly to get things to fit right. (a Joiner will make a project in a workshop from plans to be fitted on site by a carpenter).
We combine both elements to save you the time and hassle coordinating both aspects. Giving the best results every time.
We design and make our cabinetry in our workshops:
- All our cabinetry is designed after a survey using CAD software, making sure everything fits and works correctly before it leaves the workshop
- We use reputable commercial suppliers for our timber and panel products guaranteeing quality and reliability. Products such as Medite® moisture resistant mdf and Egger® laminates
- We use FSC sourced timber from reputable merchants, and we often machine to size in our workshops. Quality timber and mouldings are used, not just whats available at the time.
- We use commercial grade ironmongery, such as GRASS® Tiomos® hinges and Dynapro® runners, which again assures quality and durability, we avoid inexpensive ironmongery which is great for the first few months….
- We spray finish our work guaranteeing the best looking durable finish possible. We use the right lacquers for the right conditions from suppliers such as Movac® Morrells® and Teknos® these can be colour matched to the DIY brands of paint such as Little Greene and Farrow & Ball etc.
- We fit our work expertly using quality tools which are designed for the job with integrated dust extraction to help keep harmful dust and debris to a minimum. We care about your property and well being as well as our own.
- We’ve been doing this to the highest standards for a long time and we have always carried appropriate liability insurance. We also guarantee our work to give you lasting piece of mind.