The Little Woodshed – Terms & Conditions
- The following terms and conditions of sale (the “Terms of Sale”) apply to all orders placed with The Little Woodshed for all of our services except where specifically stated otherwise within these Terms of Sale.
- The Terms of Sale set out the basis on which The Little Woodshed enters into a contract to provide goods or services to the Customer.
- The Little Woodshed reserves the right to change its Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be effective from their date of publication on The Little Woodshed website.
- Customers should ensure that they understand and accept these Terms of Sale before placing an order. If there are any questions, customers are invited to contact us for clarification first.
- The contract is with The Little Woodshed. The terms “the Company”, “we”, “us” and suchlike are used for convenience and should be construed accordingly.
- The term “Customer” is used to include the person or legal entity that placed the order and any other agent or person nominated insofar as such other person could reasonably be expected to have the necessary authority regarding the issue in question.
Website and Privacy
- We reserve the right to publish any of our designs, drawings and photographs on our website and business social media, this will never include any personal details unless the client specifically requests in writing.
- The Little Woodshed recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided by the visitors to our Web site, recipients of our e-mail newsletters, and our customers and business associates. The Little Woodshed will not share your private information with any other individual or group not directly associated with our company without your express permission
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Quotations are submitted (normally within 7 working days from initial consultation) and orders are only accepted subject to the terms and conditions that follow. These terms and conditions supersede any buyers’ terms and conditions.
- Prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
- Estimates are subject to price fluctuation without notice. Written quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of offer, after which period they may be subject to fluctuation.
- We accept payment by BACS or Cash.
- Any monies owed by failure to pay the agreed contracted balance within the allotted timescales may result in legal action being taken.
- Designs are provided where appropriate and are for illustrative purposes only.
- A design fee may be charged, this is non refundable. Should an order be placed the fee may form part of the agreed quotation.
- Drawings showing dimensions can be provided at the client’s request, there may be a charge for this service.
- Any changes made to the design after placing an order may be subject to re-quotation and a variance in costing.
- Where appropriate materials and methods will be issued to the customer upon placing an order.
- Changes made to specification by the client after placing an order may result in re-quotation and a variance in costing.
- Matching colour finishes: For all items made from natural materials it is not possible to guarantee items will have the same colour, shade, pattern or finish as items viewed on the website, or supplied as samples, due to the inherent nature of such products. For opaque finishes, a consistent colour can only be guaranteed within a batch. Any existing colour finishes or finishes requested from another colour batch cannot be guaranteed to match.
- All measurements are approximate especially with fitted furniture products, which are adjusted and fitted on site
- Final fitted tolerances are subject to variation within a general allowance of +/- 1mm for furniture items and 3mm for joinery items.
- We cannot guarantee to match goods exactly which have been ordered or supplied at different times.
- Colour swatches and samples can be requested at time of order in some cases there may be a charge made for this.
- Any items supplied by the customer to be fitted by us cannot be guaranteed. Failure of such items to work or perform as expected will be solely the responsibility of the customer. Delays and any costs incurred will also be at the responsibility of the customer.
Deposit and Lead Times
- The process of commissioning bespoke items means that lead times can be subject to variation. Making bespoke items can result in unexpected delays, whilst we endeavor to adhere to our projected lead times we cannot be held responsible for unexpected or unforeseen delays, we will notify the customer with amended lead times should this occur. Discounts or refunds will not be made as a result of delays.
- Bespoke orders subject to lead times will be advised upon placement of order or order confirmation from The Little Woodshed. Please note: The Little Woodshed cannot be held responsible for any delay due to variations made by the customer after placing an order.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required to place an order, once cleared funds have been received lead times will be advised.
Delivery, Installations and Indemnity
- The Little Woodshed holds public liability insurance. Details can be provided if a request is made.
- Arrangements can be made to meet the Access Contact directly at the property. Alternatively, we can collect keys from an Access Contact. We will return the keys to the same contact person/organisation or to any other nominated contact. This will normally be on completion of the delivery/installation unless otherwise requested. Where it is not practicable to do this, we may be able to make an alternative arrangement to return them at the earliest reasonable opportunity. If nobody is available to inspect the goods then all items are at the customers risk.
- There must be road access available to the property for commercial vehicles. Parking must be available within a distance that is reasonable in relation to manually carrying all the items that are to be delivered/installed.
- The property must be in suitable condition to allow delivery of the items ordered. The property must be free from any relevant health and safety hazards. Any flooring, carpeting, electrical, plumbing or other such work in the areas where items are to be delivered must be completed. Any building or refurbishment work that may affect the delivery must be completed throughout the delivery route (e.g. all paint must be dry).
- There must be space within the property sufficient to deliver and install the items.
- All staircases and lifts to be used for access to the property must be accessible and available throughout the scheduled delivery time.
- The Little Woodshed will use our best endeavours to complete any delivery/installation as far as is reasonably practicable. We reserve the right to refuse to carry out any such delivery/installation that we deem to be unreasonable. In such cases, we will attempt to contact the customer to arrange an alternative solution.
- Should any of the listed above prevent The Little Woodshed from completing the delivery/installation using reasonable means, the customer is liable to pay a charge towards the costs of the failed delivery/installation.
- If The Little Woodshed believes that delivery/installation of an item to the Customer’s room of choice may cause damage to the Customer’s item or property or infringe Health & Safety regulations, we will inform the Customer. In such circumstances, The Little Woodshed will not be liable for any damage to the item or the Customer’s property as a result of attempting installation on the Customer’s instructions. We reserve the right to decline to carry out the delivery/installation. Further charges will be incurred for a second attempt.
- Details on the process of arranging access are given under the relevant service.
- In making repairs to existing items belonging to customers, every effort will be made where possible to comply with industry standard practices. We cannot guarantee areas or components against further deterioration. We will make good and offer warranty for specific areas we have made repairs or have worked on.
- We cannot offer a guarantee for our work against damage or degradation of any sort arising from excess moisture caused either by damp or condensation or any form of water ingress within a customers property.
- We cannot offer a guarantee for our work against damage or degradation of any sort arising from failure to maintain and or adhere to a maintenance schedule for any item requiring such maintenance schedule
- In the event of pets or animals being on site during installation The Little Woodshed will not accept any responsibility or liability for the well-being or security of the animals should they be left unattended in the premises.
- All products and installations comply with appropriate safety and consumer regulations.
- The Little Woodshed cannot be held responsible for damage or injury due to user error by the client.
Packaging and Waste
- As part of The Little Woodshed delivery/installation service, packaging and waste from The Little Woodshed’s activities will be removed for recycling or disposal.
- This does not include removal and disposal of waste/materials on the premises before delivery/installation.
- Despite careful considered efforts, there may be occasion where an item is faulty or damaged in some way. Where this is found at the time of delivery/installation, we will arrange to make appropriate repair/re-delivery or re-installation at the next opportunity (in accordance with the relevant lead time and subject to material availability).
- All goods and services are guaranteed to be reasonably fit for the purpose of residential use. This will extend to a period of no more than 12 months from the point of delivery/installation. Unless otherwise specified. This excludes damage to fabrics or other surfaces, or general usage, arising from normal wear and tear. This guarantee is in addition to any warranty provided by any supplier of materials. This does not affect the Customer’s statutory rights.
- Where an item develops a fault due to our workmanship, the Customer should notify us in writing with full details and photographs (where reasonable) of the problem. We may request to inspect the item before acknowledging that the item is covered by warranty.
- If the fault is covered under warranty, we will arrange for it to be repaired. Where we deem that repair will not provide a satisfactory solution, we may agree to replace it.
- Unless we specifically confirm otherwise in writing before an order is placed, we do not guarantee that any items are suitable for commercial use.
Returns and Cancellations Policy
- The terms and conditions outlined in this returns and cancellations policy apply to any purchases from The Little Woodshed.
- Due to the nature of Bespoke products, they are made specifically for the customer to their requirements. Returns can therefore not be accepted if there is no fault with the item subject to our terms and conditions.
- Should fault be found with any product or service within the warranty period repair or replacement will be offered.
- Should a customer wish to cancel their order once made, the initial deposit is non refundable.
- The customer may be liable in part or full for the remaining balance owed for the project to cover losses incurred by The Little Woodshed due to an order being cancelled.
- If a cancellation is requested prior to materials being ordered or labour incurred we may at our discretion offer a refund of in either part or full of the remaining 50% balance owed.
- Any monies owed by failure to pay the agreed contracted balance within the allotted timescales may result in legal action being taken.
- Customers are deemed to have accepted these Terms of Sale either by explicit acceptance or by continuing to engage in business with the Company after being given a reasonable opportunity to read them.
- Invoices, web orders and quotations and various other documents refer to these Terms of Sale. Placing such an order or receiving such a document is deemed to provide notice of these terms.
The Little Woodshed is the trading name of Neil Thomas. Our office is registered at 58 Saxon Road, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8QD
The Little Woodshed Ltd is the Trading name of The Little Woodshed Ltd. Our office is registered at 58 Saxon Road, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8QD